Saturday, December 01, 2007

Falling In Love

Ah... I am falling in love! Good or bad?

Erm... I think it's bad, 'cos I have fallen in love with my work. I enjoy my work too much that I don't even have much time left for my sleep.

Isn't this the same as when we fall in love with another human being? Yes, indeed, except that works don't hurt us, whereas humans do.

Shouldn't we be passionate about our work? So ironical isn't it?

Perhaps it has to do with my character. I tend to be very engrossed and passionate about the things, or tasks, or people that are under my care. *sigh*

Yet I must learn to love my work less or it will rob me of my time for God and myself, which is very bad. I mustn't make work the idol of my life.

Posting this post is my deliberate effort to break away from my work. :)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Richard said...

I am glad you have sucj passion for your work. I wish I had the same.

Life is about balance, make sure you balance out the aspects of your life and do not deny those around you of your presence.

02 December, 2007 07:38  
Blogger buzybee said...

Too much hope will bring too much disappointment when things we are passionate about don't work out.

I wish I can be more relaxed about things and people and not be so engrossed in them.

14 December, 2007 22:07  
Blogger Richard said...

bee wrote: Too much hope will bring too much disappointment when things we are passionate about don't work out.

It is a sad and hard lesson to learn. I think we become less human when we learn that. On the other hand, I am no stranger to it.

I learned a long time ago not to trust people, to be guarded and cautious with my enthusiasm. I have to confess it is not something I want, but, on the other hand, I have learned the hard way that people and things are not always what they seem or claim.

Secretly, deep in my heart, I still hope and dream like I did when I was a child - I just don't let it out.

It is a lot like keeping a butterfly in a cage, inside a box, under your bed, beneath a blanket; it really wants to get out and fly in the sunlight and visit the flowers.

15 December, 2007 04:15  
Blogger buzybee said...

i kept spider in the box when I was a child. :P

Yes, no matter how old we become, we still have our childish way in us. Inside me is still a little girl who wants to be loved and hugged though outwardly I reject all such emotion and actions. One thing I do...I cry easily when felt bullied.

25 December, 2007 03:01  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home