Saturday, August 11, 2007

Beauty For The Soul

Life is so short,
so, think what is good,
speak what is kind,
and try to live your best,
then this world will be bright and beautiful to you


When money is lost nothing is lost.
When health is lost something is lost.
When character is lost everything is lost.

Live like a candle,
which burns itself,
but gives light to others.


Impose your own terms upon life.
If you don't you will have to accept the terms of others.


Look backwards with gratitude,
upwards with confidence
and forward with hope.


When you truly care for someone,
you don't look for faults,
you don't look for answers,
you don't look for mistakes.

Instead you fight the mistakes,
you accept the faults,
and you overlook the excuses.


Have a stunning day!

- unknown


My Thoughts:

Someone email me the above poem. I have been practicing...

Live like a candle,
which burns itself,
but gives light to others.

When you truly care for someone,
you don't look for faults,
you don't look for answers,
you don't look for mistakes.

Instead you fight the mistakes,
you accept the faults,
and you overlook the excuses.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Richard said...

I agree that one should not look for faults, on the other hand, one should not turn a willfully blind eye to obvious faults.

13 August, 2007 21:09  
Blogger buzybee said...

What it means is to deal with the issues rather than the person, if we truly care for someone. This is not a natural thing to do for most people.

"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins." (1 Peter 4:8)

13 August, 2007 22:32  
Blogger Richard said...

And my point is that some people willfully choose to turn a blind eye to an obvious fault and pretend it is not there.

Of course we should deal with the issue and not the person. And, yes, sometimes it can be hard to separate the two.

I see you have gone to magic word verification (despite complaining bitterly about it on my blog :P

Not that I like it either, but I found it was necessary to cut down on spam comments. And I hate it too when I repeatedly am asked to type it in, especially when I am pretty sure I got it right the time before.

15 August, 2007 04:51  
Blogger buzybee said...

haha... the point, your point, my point... we all seem to be pointing at different directions but back to the same point. :D

magic word verification? what to do? my friend insisted on using it. ;)

15 August, 2007 12:46  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home