Friday, July 06, 2007

GOD’S PORTRAIT OF A HUSBAND

I have not posted here for more than a year... time flies ya. I have closed my other blogs, but probably just keep this fun blog for sharing amusing things I came across.

You see, I am currently using the Bible Explorer for my personal bible study and devotions. One thing I like about it is that the notes I took down as I study the Bible using the Bible Explorer could be easily posted to the crossbooks.net at the click of a button.

One interesting post I came across there was “GOD’S PORTRAIT OF A HUSBAND”, by Dr. Dennis Deese

EPHESIANS 5:25-33

When a man opens the door of his car for his wife, you can be sure of one thing: either the car is new or the wife.

The five stages of a married cold:

1st year -- "Baby, darling, I'm worried about that sniffle you have. I've called the paramedics to rush you to Johnson City Medical Center for a checkup and some rest. I know you don't like hospital food so I'll bring your meals."

2nd year -- "Sweetheart, I don't like the sound of that cough. I've arrange for Dr. Johnson to make a house call. Let me tuck you in bed."

3rd year -- "You look like you've got a fever. Why don't you drive yourself down to the medi-stop clinic and get some medicine. I'll watch the kids."

4th year -- "Look, be sensible. After you've fed and bathed the kid and wash dishes, you really ought to get in bed."

5th year -- "For Pete's sake! Would you stop coughing? I can't hear the television! Would you mind going into the other room while this show is on? You sound like a barking dog."

I do not believe there is a marriage in existence today that would not benefit from both partners asking themselves: “What is it like being married to me?” Ed Young

Read more...

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is true also for long courtship.

if a relationship goes on for a long term, say 6 or 7 years, usually it will end by the 7th.

07 August, 2007 11:04  
Blogger Richard said...

My take is that in the early stage, the man is interested in helping his wife to grow and to learn things for herself. Of course, by the 5th year, he expects she is capable of doing things for herself.

I echo what gladys says, although I would say that if there is no signs of marriage by year 3, the relationship is not going to last past the 5th year. Besides which, I still think people get into relationships the wrong way around: they get into a relationship and hope it will lead to a shared life, rather than first evaluating someone for the potential of a shared life and then getting into a relationship.

13 August, 2007 20:53  
Blogger buzybee said...

Wow! You both are very good at analyzing cause and effect. :)

Richard, you are correct. The thing is that people in the relationship too long tend to find it very difficult to initiate the breakup. So the loveless relationship just drag on and on....

13 August, 2007 22:47  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home